A face without freckles is like a night without stars...

Starr is me, I am her, and she is I. She is so much more than she thinks she is. If you asked her, she would say she is just a mom, wife, daughter, sister, and friend. However, she has been told many times, that she is more than that. Her loving Heavenly Father reminds her all the time, that she has gifts and talents to share with the world, and that like unto her name, she should let them so shine before others, that they may light the day, like the stars light the night. She is passionate, loyal, and gentle all at the same time.


Often when people see her they don't see a gentle, quiet and fragile woman; however, they are wrong. Deep down inside that's who she is, and only those who are truly looking, will see who she really is. If you happen to make it through her exosphere, consider yourself to be a blessed individual. Not many make it there, but when they do, they have a permanent place. Her caring ways, allow her to see things in the world a bit differently than others, unique to a fault.


She truly sees through a darkened glass, and can see beyond the darkness, and find hope throughout the world. Beyond her large, thick exterior are gems within her that are priceless, that are only valued on a spiritual level. Buried within the layers of her atmosphere are different pieces of her puzzle, and even she has yet to put all of the pieces into place. May you enjoy each piece she writes; they truly are the picture into her puzzle.

My Children

I am the mama of two all encompassing children, who own every ounce of my heart and soul, even the part their dad holds onto gets kicked out at times when one of the two does something magical to melt my heart. LillyRose is our precious big girl now, who is a whopping 6 years old! From the moment she wakes in the morning until her head hits the pillow at night in one way or another she reminds us that she holds a status the rest of us don't: Miss Diva Wildfire. Her independent nature, and natural ability to question the world around her has given her the actual gift of life, as every family member knew when she was born at 2lbs 6oz, a fighter since the day she was born.


Our son Abraham Jr. is our love bug. He has eyes that melt every inch of any woman's soul, Look out Ladies! At 5 years old, he is such a smarty pants and I LOVE it! His father recently said he had a genius on his hands, I didn't dispute him or his shining pride I felt emanating from his smile. My son is like the coals beneath a beautiful fire, and often times these parts of his personality help me through my days and "ignite my own fires within myself." Like his sister he too came into this world a fighter at 3lbs 6oz, and his tantrums prove to us that life wouldn't be as interesting without him.


My Children "run" the show, even though we would never admit that to them! That would result in utter defeat in our battle of parenthood. Our days revolve around their schedules, routines, likes, dislikes and even the amount of dishes in the sink when mommy has friends over! My oh my! ;) Together they make up the valves within our hearts, and are the blood circulating through our veins. We are extremely blessed to be their parents and though parenthood has tested us in ways we never imagined, I know we'd be lost without it.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Little Things

I just wanted to share an experience I had this week because I feel inspired to do so. Cameron and I have been really struggling through some tough times financially because of certain uncontrolable circumstances, the savings we did have went to something that didn't work out, so when I got into my car accident we didn't have the savings we needed to cover the cost of our deductible, and the out of pocket expenses for the rental vehicle because of how long it was taking to fix our car. Our insurance company would only cover 900 dollars max on our rental and we were over that by about 275 dollars. We were able to cover our deductible with our credit card, but we didn't know where the other 275 was going to come from. After we counciled with our Bishop, he told us to pray and not to worry. At first when he gave us this advice, I was kind of like: "Um, but how does that help us?" I was still worrying. The day we picked up our car from the collision repair shop, we needed to return our rental and we still didn't know how we were going to pay for our rental out of pocket expenses. We had a coupon that would help save some money and we were hoping they would take it to lower the cost. When we called and asked about it, they said they didn't know if they could take it until we came in and they could look at it. With worry in my voice I left a voicemail for the Bishop, asking for his help as he said we could if we still were not able to cover the cost. We had come up with 125 dollars of the 275 but we were still short 150 dollars. We were really worried about how it would all work out. As Cameron and I came home from picking up our vehicle and thinking about returning the rental it was lunch time for Cameron. As Cameron was leaving for lunch, the mail lady came by and handed me the mail. It was an envelope from USAA. I opened it and inside was a check for the amount of 145.96 dollars. This challenge in our lives really has caused me to feel insecure and doubtful about how I feel about living in Virginia, and if "God was still really there?" If that makes sense, my faith was being tested and I didn't know how well I was passing the test. Other personal matters were taking a toll on my heart and on top of that I had my car accident, and I just felt like our stable little home was being rocked around! That check for almost the exact amount we were short to pay for our rental vehicle was the "sign" I had been praying about for about a month. I know it seems "cliche" or like maybe everyone has a "sign" like this, but for me it was just what I needed to wake up a little bit and realize that sometimes all God wants is for me to do my part: Simply trust in him and his promises in my life. While my Bishop's advice may have seemed simple to me and at the time I felt as though those things will "never" work: They did work. Also, the rental company did accept the coupon and it saved us 60.00. Sometimes it's the little things in life that make or break us. I just felt this experience was worth sharing, sometimes when we think nothing in life will work, no matter what we do, or how long we pray that if we hold on just a little longer and have faith that God will take care of us no matter what situation we are in, he will hear our prayers and help us in just the ways we need it. I am very thankful for the Love of my Father in Heaven, his servants on earth and a husband that "just knows it will all work out."

No comments:

Post a Comment